Saturday, June 23, 2012

Number of Stories Accepted, Rejected, or Ignored per Year


I've felt like this past year has been one in which I haven't seen very many acceptances of stories for publication, and a review of statistics shows why. In 2009 and 2010, I had an unusual number of acceptances, it appears. The 2011 figures aren't completely in, since I generally give it one year before declaring a submission ignored, so those 26 ignores for 2011 may come down by some number by the end of 2012. Still, the chances of me seeing again the number of story publication acceptances I had for 2010 submissions is unlikely. (By contrast, I've seen quite a bit of poetry being accepted after a couple of years of total drought.) (Note, I didn't start logging whether a publication commented on a rejection until around 2000.)

No comments:

Post a Comment