Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Write Like

Having read how little analysis went into how this guy created this program (which can be found here), I don't think it can be taken too seriously. That said, I was curious to see how my own work would fare. So who do I write like? Well, if we're talking poetry, I write the most like James Joyce, as shown in the chart below:


The assorted others (each with one poem) were Margaret Atwood, Ray Bradbury, Raymond Chandler, Stephen King, Rudyard Kipling, H. P. Lovecraft, Chuck Palahniuk, Edgar Allan Poe, Mark Twain, and Kurt Vonnegut. (I wasn't even aware some of the people wrote poetry!)


For stories, it's another matter. When I first found this site and pasted in single paragraphs, I kept coming up with Cory Doctorow, whose work I didn't know (but I plan to read, now that I know of him) and occasionally Dan Brown or David Foster Wallace (ironically, most often with letters).


Paste in full stories, however, and my writing most often resembles Chuck Palahniuk, especially my early published stuff. Later stuff trends more toward Cory Doctorow. Here's the breakdown:


As for this blog entry--apparently you're reading the work of H. P. Lovecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment