Saturday, May 5, 2012

Attempts to Get an Agent

So I have this novel I brought to a finish some time ago, and as of spring 2011, I've finally gotten around to sending it to a few literary agents. But until winter 2012, I never got beyond a form letter back. Finally, in February, an agent actually asked to see a bit more.

Really, when I think about it, I shouldn't be surprised. I have had to select people to hire at times in my life, and sometimes, you're pulling one person out of fifty--and there might be several who are qualified--and I'm sure it's like that for agents as well, only to a greater extreme.

So here it is, a pie chart showing the percentage of agents who sent me form rejections versus the percent who never even answered my query, and the lone agent who showed even some initial interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment